A New Take On Saturday Cartoons
Kidtooning Presented by MasterCard® Priceless® New York
95% of New Yorker readers read the cartoons first. The other 5% are lying.
— David Remnick, Editor of The New Yorker
Each week, our readers scour the pages of The New Yorker for the topical, timely, and hilarious cartoons. On Saturday, September 20th, The New Yorker and MasterCard Priceless New York hosted Kidtooning—a unique family experience exclusively for MasterCard cardholders—where kids learn the art of cartooning from professional New Yorker cartoonists Drew Dernavich, Danny Shanahan, and Emily Flake.
For this sold-out event, families gathered at the Sky Room atop the New Museum to engage in creative activities that teach the essential steps to creating a cartoon. In an interactive drawing demonstration, the children suggested a person, place, and thing from which the professional cartoonists created custom cartoons. The artists then created individual illustrations that guests took home as souvenirs.
GET SOCIAL! Share your Priceless experience with family and friends. Find your child’s picture in the gallery above and share it via your social media networks with hashtag #PricelessNY.
Get more Priceless out of your city. From VIP tickets to exclusive reservations, MasterCard Priceless New York brings you endless surprises and once in a lifetime experiences. Discover more at priceless.com/ny.